Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is Pingree Grove's Post / Comment Removal Policy?

The Pingree Grove Police Department's Facebook page, Twitter page, and Instagram page were created by the Department as a government communication to facilitate the exchange of information with the public at large. To promote such exchange the department encourages and welcomes postings and comments from the general public about issues related to law enforcement in Pingree Grove. With that said, however, this is not a public forum, the Police Department reserves the right to regulate the content of, and where necessary delete completely, any objectionable entry that appears on its pages. The Pingree Grove Police Department is responsible for monitoring all postings or retweets to its Facebook and Twitter pages and may take appropriate action at its sole discretion whenever necessary, up to and including removal of comment postings and banning of individuals from the site, to protect other fan page visitors from inappropriate or otherwise harmful information and links. To that end, the Pingree Grove Police Department will remove as soon as feasible any posting or retweets that involves: •Advertisements of any kind. •Profane language or content. •Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation. •Explicit or implied sexual content. •Conduct implying, promoting, or encouraging illegal activity. • Information that might compromise the safety or security of the public. •Any other posting that, by its nature or content, might harm public welfare.  Additionally, in order to maintain an exchange of information that is orderly, accurate, timely and relevant; postings, comments and retweets will be removed when the Police Department determines that the information is no longer needed.

What number do I call if I need police service for a non-emergency situation?

Although the police department is staffed by sworn police officers 24/7 365 days a year, the records division which generally handles the phones is only staffed Monday-Friday 7:30am-2:30pm excluding holidays. You should call Kane County Dispatch at 630-232-8400 for any request for non-emergency police service including but not limited to lost/found animals, lock-outs or reporting of suspicious incidents or nuisances.

How can I park on the street overnight and not receive a ticket?

You may register to park on Village streets overnight by using our online portal either by visiting our website or following the link below: As a reminder for Overnight Street Parking: •You must register any vehicles that will be parked on the street during the prohibited parking times from 2am – 5am. Registration should be completed prior to 2am. Each residence or vehicle or any combination thereof is limited to five (5) parking requests per calendar month. Overnight street parking is prohibited when there is two (2) inches or more of snowfall on the roadway or when it is determined by the Pingree Grove Police Department that an anticipated weather event may result in two (2) inches or more of snowfall or any other dangerous condition including but not limited to ice, high winds, drifting snow, etc.

How can I request a vacation watch on my home while I’m out of town?

As a reminder for Vacation Watch Requests: The Pingree Grove Police Department will make every effort, dependent on call volume, to complete residence checks while you are away. Vacation watches are done as a courtesy to our residents. The Pingree Grove Police Department is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property. The following information is required when submitting a request: Contact Name and email Your Address Contact Person cell and home Phone Number Dates you will be gone and are requesting the watch Alarm and pet information Emergency Contact Person and phone number In addition, the following information should be provided in the comments box: Any lights or timers that are on Any vehicles in the driveway (describe make/model/color/plate) Any persons coming to check on the home Associated Documents Additional Information

Do you install or check child safety seats for proper installation?

The Pingree Grove Police Department has 4 officers certified as child safety seat technicians (2 full-time officers & 2 part-time officers) available to install and checks child safety seats for residents at no cost by appointment. For a child safety seat installation appointment contact us at 847-464-4600 or

How do I dispute a parking ticket?

If you have received a parking ticket and would like it to be reviewed, please fill out the Mediation Form that is available on the police department's website ( and email or print out the Mediation Request (PDF) and drop it off at the Police Station. You will receive notice by mail within 7 days. Copies of the mediation form are also available at the police department.

Where can I dispose of my prescription medication?

The Pingree Grove Police Department offers a medication disposal program to our residents in an effort to promote both safety and environmental conservation. 

By providing a place for residents to properly dispose of unwanted medications protects the water supply and also serves to combat the threat of prescription drug abuse to the community. The drug disposal box is located in the front lobby of the Police Department and is available to residents on a 24/7 basis. 

Please note: Medications acceptable for disposal include prescription and over-the-counter medications, medicated ointments and shampoos, liquid medicines in original non-leaking containers, prescription and over-the-counter inhalers, and glass thermometers containing mercury. Pills and liquid medication bottles should be placed in zipper top plastic bags. Medications may be disposed of in their original containers, but personal prescription information should be removed from containers. Labels on medications are not required. This program does not allow for disposal of sharps.


We know that the issue of sharps disposal is one that many are facing. While we do NOT accept sharps, you may dispose of your sharps in your regular trash (not recycling bin), but you need to follow these guidelines to help protect people who may come in contact with the waste, such as family members, trash haulers, and landfill workers. 

1) Sharps should be placed in a sturdy, puncture-proof, hard plastic container with a tight-fitting lid, such as a laundry detergent bottle or red sharps container. 

2) When the container is full, the lid should be placed back on the container. 

3) Tape the lid securely in place. 

4) Mark this container as "SHARPS - DO NOT RECYCLE" and then place the container in your household trash. 

A pamphlet with these sharps disposal instructions and photos is available at the police department on top of the prescription disposal box.

How do I apply for a position with the Pingree Grove Police Department?

You can pick up an application from the Pingree Grove Police Department In-person or you can download the PDF here.