- Administration & Departments
- Police Department
- Citizen's Online Reporting
Citizen's Online Reporting
The Pingree Grove Police Department's online citizen police reporting system - FRONT LINE - enables participants to file a report. All reports are reviewed by police and if there is a need for more information or further investigation is required, you will be contacted within 3 business days. For follow up with a police officer today, please call the KaneComm Dispatch Center at 630-232-8400 instead of completing the online police report.
It is a crime to file a false police report.
Before completing the form, please consider the following:
- Is this an emergency? If yes, call 911 immediately.
- Did this incident occur within the Village of Pingree Grove? If no, contact the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Do you have an email address and at least one phone number? This information is required for us to contact you about the report. If you don't have this, please come to the Police Department Lobby (656 Lake Ave.) or call our non-emergency number at 815-338-2131 to request to meet with an officer to report this incident.
- Does the incident fall into one of the Accepted Incident Types below? If not, please call the KaneComm Dispatch Center at 630-232-8400 to file all other reports.
Accepted Incident Types:
The online reporting system can only be used for the following incident types:
- Confidence Game - An unknown person engages you in a ruse to gain money from you.
- Credit Card Fraud - Someone other than yourself used your credit/debit account to purchase goods or services without your permission.
- Criminal Damage to Property - When an unknown person changes, modifies or destroys public or private property.
- Criminal Damage to Vehicle - When an unknown person tampers with or damages your motor vehicle. If your property is stolen from inside your car after it was damaged, you should make a theft report.
- Criminal Defacement (graffiti) - When an unknown person marks personal or private property with graffiti with spray paint, etching tool or another writing instrument.
- Criminal Trespass to Vehicle - The entering of an individual's vehicle by an offender where no other crime has been committed.
- Financial Identity Theft - When an unknown person uses any personal identifying information/documents to obtain credit, money, goods, services or other property. You should contact your credit cards, the below listed credit bureaus and other appropriate agencies immediately and provide the report number you receive.
- Equifax: http://www.equifax.com/ 1-800-525-6285 Experian: http://www.experian.com/ 1-888-397-3742 TransUnion: http://www.transunion.com/ 1-800-680-7289 U.S. Federal Trade Commission: http://www.ftc.gov/ 1-877-438-4338
- Illegal Use of Cash Card - An unknown person uses your cash card in an ATM.
- Lost Property - When the property is missing or lost.
- Harassment by Telephone or Electronic Means - An unknown person contacts you repeatedly, threatens, or bullies you by telephone, email, social media, etc.
- Retail Theft - When an unknown person steals inventory from a licensed business. Incidents are reported by the business owner or agent for the business. This does not include amounts disputed between the customer and the business.
- Theft - When an unknown person takes your property without permission, including pocket-picking. This does not include someone physically taking something from your person by force, fear, assault, threats or use of a weapon.
- Theft from Building - A theft from within a building that is open to the general public and where the offender has legal access.
- Theft of Labor or Services - The failure to pay for services rendered.
If you are reporting more than one incident, it must be filed separately