Ride in Kane Transportation Service
BEGINS JUNE 1, 2023
Pingree Grove partnered with Kane County Division of Transportation and Pace Suburban Bus, by becoming a local sponsor of Ride In Kane (RIK), a public paratransit transportation service for seniors age 65+ and individuals with disabilities living within the corporate limits of the Village of Pingree Grove, providing trips originating in Pingree Grove to medical appointments and grocery shopping.
Qualified Pingree Grove residents must register for RIK program participation, by applying in person, no sooner than June 1, 2023, at the Village Municipal Center, 555 Reinking Rd, during the hours of 9:00am - 4:00pm, (less 12-1 lunch hour) Monday - Friday.
- Completed RIK application form.
- A state-issued identification - driver’s license or state ID – showing proof of Pingree Grove residency, date of birth and photograph.
- If applicable, proof of disability (RTA Reduced Fare card, social security disability payment receipt, verification of disability written on doctor's letterhead and signed by the doctor).
Notification of registration confirmation will be sent within 48-72 hours.
Sponsor Service Parameters
- Eligible riders are individuals with a reported disability or individuals aged 65 and over.
- Individuals must reside in the corporate limits of the Village of Pingree Grove.
- Transportation provided by Pace Suburban Bus
- Rides limited to medical appointments and grocery shopping.
- Service limited to destinations within Kane County up to ten (10) miles one way, or up to five (5) miles one way into McHenry County (permits access to Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital).
- Fare paid in cash, exact change transactions only - $5.00 for first 10 miles; $1.50 each mile thereafter.
- Limit of three (3) round trips or six (6) one-way trips per week, per registered rider.
- Pickup and cancellation violations may result in a fine and possible suspension of rider privileges, as notied in the RIK Rider's Guide Paseo En Guia Kane
- Transportation available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, including holidays, by following reservation guidelines below.
- Transportation through the RIK program will be available to eligible Pingree Grove residents for as long as funds are available.
Reservations are reuqired one (1) day to seven (7) days in advance, but not less than four (4) hours notice. Same day reservations are not guaranteed. Once residents have been registered for RIK and confirmation received, reservations can be made directly between the hours of 6:00am to 6:00 pm, Monday - Friday, and 8:00am to 5:00pm, Saturday and Sunday. Riders are responsible for scheduling transportation; the Village is not responsible for reservations, cancellations, or the failure of transportation. Reservation phone number will be provided with registratio confirmation notice.
The cost per registered participant is $5.00 cash fare per one-way trip up to 10 miles, and $1.50 per mile thereafter. Fare must be paid in cash and in exact change. Credit/debit cards, checks, or any form of electronic payment, is not accepted for fare. Specific fare associated with each ride will be calculated by Pace at the time appointment is scheduled.
Ride in Kane operates programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes they have been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the Ride in Kane Program Manager, Kane County Division of Transportation 41W011 Burlington Road St. Charles, IL 60175.