Garbage & Recycling

Flood Brothers 

The Village contracts with Flood Brothers Disposal and Recycling for weekly residential garbage and recycling disposal service. Collection takes place on Fridays between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, with the exception of six observed holidays, where collection is delayed by one day. 

Billing Payment Cycle

Residential billing is managed directly by Flood Brothers, and is billed three times a year in January, May and September. Each bill represents a four-month period. 

For all inquiries or to establish or terminate garbage/recycling service contact Flood Brothers at 630-261-0400

Yard Waste

Yard waste, collected with regularly scheduled garbage service, is available from April 1 through November 29. Yard waste, including grass clippings, leaves, bundled branches, brush or other natural garden materials, must be placed in paper yard waste bags or a dedicated 32-gallon container, and affixed with a Flood Brothers yard waste sticker.  Yard waste stickers are available for purchase at the Village Municipal Center.  Yard waste must be kept separate from garbage and/or recycling containers. Note: Dirt, pots, sod, large branches, tree stumps, rocks, garden vegetables, fruit and non-organic materials are not considered yard waste and WILL NOT BE COLLECTED. 

Residents are allowed two (2) FREE yard waste collections annually (yard waste stickers not required), during the first regularly scheduled collection in the months of April and October.  

Bulk Pick Up

Residents are allowed to dispose up to seven (7) bulk items per calendar year at no cost. Contact Flood Brothers to notify of bulk item(s). Christmas tree pickup is offered the first three collections in January, after that the tree will be picked up but will be counted as a bulk item. 

Senior Rate Discount

Eligible Senior Citizens can receive 35% off their refuse and recycling rate. Contact Flood Brothers for eligibility.


Household head of family with a handicap may receive back door collection at no additional charge. Contact Flood Brothers service representative for information.

Hazardous Waste

Contact Kane County Recycles for information on disposing hazardous waste materials.