Follow us online!
The Village maintains an active presence on Facebook (click here for the official Village Facebook page), and is also active on Instagram (@pingreegrove) and Twitter (@pingreegrove). We encourage our residents to post and tag us, as well as to hashtag their posts #pingreegrove.
The Village of Pingree Grove welcomes your comments; however, the Village’s social media accounts are intended to be a limited forum for communication and discussion between the Village and members of the public about specific topics. The Village reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments including those comments that are not topically related, comments that include profane or obscene language, sexual content, threats, defamatory statements, the encouragement of illegal activity, violations of the legal ownership interests of another party, solicitations of commerce, statements in support or opposition to political candidates or ballot propositions (except as provided below), content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination, or information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems. Any content posted may be subject to public disclosure upon request. Activity on this account is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws regulations and policies.
The Village does not accept Freedom of Information Act requests via any social media account. Such requests may be filed in person or vial US mail at the Village Hall, 555 Reinking Road, Pingree Grove, Illinois, via the Village website (www.pingreegrove.org), or via email to email@example.com.
Comments posted to this page will be monitored and inappropriate content will be removed as soon as possible and without prior notice. Under the Village’s policies, the Village reserves the right to remove inappropriate content, including, but not limited to:
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Content that includes unlawful harassment or threats of violence
- Comments that are not topically related or out of context
- Solicitations of commerce
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Content that defames any person, group, or organization
- Content that is false or any malicious statements concerning any employee, the Village, or its operations
- Disclosure of any proprietary, confidential, or privileged information
- Repeated postings of inappropriate or inflammatory material
- Statements in support of or opposition to political campaigns, candidates, or ballot measures, other than factual information lawfully provided by the Village regarding a non-partisan ballot initiative
- Content that violates any law or regulation