The Village requires building permits for most types of construction. The Village follows the 2003 International Building Code regulations. Please review the Village Code as it pertains to building permits or call the Building Department at 847-464-5533, ext. 1512 for further information

Building Department Application and Permit (PDF)

When using a Contractor for your home project, take the time to plan your project and to know your rights. Information available from the Illinois Attorney General's Office:  Home Repair and Construction: Know Your Rights (PDF).


View a list of permit rates for Pingree Grove (PDF).
  1. Fences
  2. Sheds
  3. Swimming Pools & Hot Tubs
  4. Patio & Servicewalk

Fence Installation

If you are considering installing a fence on your property, you must first check with the Building Department. For general information, view the Fence Installation Rules (PDF).

Cambridge Lakes & Carillon Homeowners

If you live in Cambridge Lakes or Carillon at Cambridge Lakes, in order to make home improvements or additions:
  1. You must obtain a letter of approval from Cambridge Lakes or Carillon Homeowners Association (HOA) before applying for a Village Building permit. Download the application form (PDF).
  2. When you receive the letter from the HOA, bring it and as well as a copy of your plat of land survey to the Municipal Center. You will be required to complete a multi-part building permit application.
  3. The Building Director will review your plans and assign a permit number to your project. You will then be called to pick-up and pay for your permit.