D.R. Horton filed documents to begin the formal review process to annex and development a ±286-acre area of land with residential uses in the Village of Pingree Grove. Village staff is beginning to review the submittals. Cursory review of the plans indicate the following changes since D.R. Horton presented their concept plan to the Village Board in January 2021:
- Addition of ±80-acres along Big Timber Road.
- Inclusion of a N/S access road to Big Timber Road.
- A 45'-wide landscaped berm as a design buffer between proposed neighborhood A-15 and the existing Carillon development.
- Increased single-family units from 35% to 44.3%; Decreased attached/townhome units from 65% to 55.7%.
- Total proposed units increased to 1,007 due to the addition of 80-acres along Big Timber Road.
- Revised layout and phasing plan.
- Inclusion of an outdoor pool area as a site amenity within the central park feature.
As a known item of community interest, relevant excerpts of the plans are posted on the Village's website to help inform the public of the proposal.
The process to review the development proposal requires public meetings of the Planning & Zoning Commission as well as the Village Board.
At the time of this post, the project is not confirmed for consideration on any specific future meeting date. Additional information on scheduled meetings will, at a minimum, be posted at the municipal center and on the Village website.