The Village of Pingree Grove is conducting three virtual public meetings this evening: a Liquor Commission Meeting at 5:30pm, a Plan Commission meeting at 6:00pm, and a Village Board meeting at 7:00pm. These meetings will be simulcast online at the Village’s Youtube page. For more detail on meeting participation, please see below:
Special Meeting Participation Notice
In accordance with Illinois Governor Executive Order 2020-07 and the recommendations of the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control, the Village Liquor Control Commission, Village Planning and Zoning Commission and Village Board will be conducting their meetings on May 18, 2020 remotely. No elected or appointed members of the Liquor Commission, Plan Commission, or Board will be physically present. There is a public hearing being conducted, as well as normal opportunities for public comment. In accordance with the Executive Order and recommendations of the Illinois Attorney General and Public Access Counselor, the Village will provide public access to these meetings via multiple channels:
- To Offer Public Comment or Comments for a Public Hearing:
- Phone Message to be Read Aloud During Public Hearing: Please submit a voicemail to the Village at 847-464-5533 x1507 by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, May 18, 2020.
- Email to be Read Aloud During Public Hearing: Submit an email with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time before the start of the public comment or public hearing portion(s) of the meeting in question.
- Hard copy to be Read Aloud During Public Hearing: Submit a written statement to the drop box located in the Police Department lobby at 1 Police Plaza, Pingree Grove, IL, by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, May 18, 2020.
- Request for Live Comment via Telephone Call or Video Conference: Contact the Village at 847/464-5533 before 12:00 p.m. on Friday, May 15, 2020 to make arrangements for a telephone call or video conferenced public comment.
- Procedure: Please indicate whether your comments are for the Plan Commission Meeting or Village Board Meeting, and if they are for the public comment section of the meeting, or for a public hearing. Comments for the public comment section of the meeting will be limited to 3 minutes in duration. Comments for a public hearing must be related to the topic of the public hearing, and are subject to the Village’s customary rules for meeting participation. You are requested, but not required, to provide your name and address.
- *To View the Public Meetings:
- Online: The Village will live stream all meetings, for free, on the Village’s YouTube channel. The channel is available at the following link:
- In Person: In-person attendance is discouraged, based upon the current Illinois Executive Orders prohibiting gatherings of 10 or more, and based upon recommendations for social distancing. However, for residents who do not have internet access or who are not able to access the live stream, the Village will have a monitor set up, displaying the channel and permitting viewing of the live feed. This monitor will be in the lobby of the Pingree Grove Municipal Center, 555 Reinking Road, Pingree Grove, IL, which will be open starting at 5:15 p.m. on Monday, May 18, 2020. Residents who attend in person are strongly encouraged to wear masks and gloves, and to maintain social distancing. In accordance with current Illinois Executive Orders, no more than 10 persons will be permitted to attend in-person.