Based on recommendations from local, state and federal health officials, the Municipal Center lobby will be closed starting on Monday, March 16, 2020. The Village will remain operational, but services that are normally handled in-person will be handled via telephone, email, mail, or dropbox.
The Municipal Center is operational, but the lobby is closed at this time. The Police Department remains fully operational, but officers will be deferring activities that involve unnecessary personal contact. The Police Station lobby remains open, but we encourage residents to handle non-emergency matters by phone or email. Public Works and utility services will remain fully operational.
At this point, the Village is planning on conducting the Board Meeting on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 7:00pm, and that meeting will be open to the public. If the meeting is cancelled, notification will be provided.
Nearly all services normally available in-person at the Pingree Grove Municipal Center can be handled electronically or through the use of our utility bill payment Dropbox. At this time we are encouraging our customers to use one of these methods:
- Water Bill Payments can be paid online by clicking here. You can also pay by cash or check through the use of the Utility Payment Dropbox in the Municipal Center parking lot.
- For cash or check payments using the dropbox, please place your payment in a sealed envelope.
- Cash payments should only be inserted in the dropbox on normal business days (Monday-Friday from 8am - 4:30 pm). The dropbox is under 24/7/365 video surveillance and will be emptied several times throughout the day.
- Building permit information, including our Building Permit Application, is available by clicking here. Details on submission are listed below. With either method, you will need to provide all required backup documentation. Please call 847/464-5533, ext. 2 with any questions.
- To submit a copy electronically, it is recommended that you download the form and save your responses. Your Application and all required backup documentation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To submit a hard copy, you can drop off your Permit Application and backup documentation in a sealed envelope in our Utility Payment Dropbox.
- When your permit has been approved, you will be contacted via telephone at the number you provide to provide the balance due for your permit.
- Payment can be made by cash or check using the Utility Payment Dropbox or online using our online bill pay system.
- If you would like to make your payment online, please contact 847/464-5533, ext. 2 and we will walk you through the process.
- When your payment has been received, we will forward your Permit via email. Black and white copies of the permit will temporarily be allowed, but still must be displayed at the property while work is being performed and until inspections have been completed.
- Other Transactions can also be made via mail, telephone or email. For more information, please contact the Village at 847/464-5533 or email the Village at email@example.com.
We will update this information based upon the continuing recommendations of health officials. More information is available here.