Welcome to Pingree Grove - A Place to Grow!
As a new resident, you may find the following information helpful:
- The Village Municipal Center is located at 555 Reinking Rd, next to the Village Police Department, with hours of operation Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, closed for lunch from 12:00 - 1:00 pm, phone (847) 464-5533.
- Pingree Grove is part of the Rutland Township in Kane County, Illinois.
- As of the 2020 US Census, Pingree Grove's population is 10,365, compared to 4,532 in 2010.
- School District 300 serves the community through Gary D. Wright Elementary, the new Big Timber Elementary (opening August 2022), Hampshire Middle School, and Hampshire High School, all located in Hampshire, and Cambridge Lakes Charter School, located right here in Pingree Grove. Central School District 301 serves residents within the Village’s Heritage District. Elgin Community College provides local opportunities for higher education, located in nearby Elgin.
- Water and sewer utilities are managed and billed directly by the village on a bi-monthly basis. The monthly base rate for combined water/sewer service is $45 and $7.72 per 1,000 gallons of use.
- Garbage and recycling service is managed and billed directly by Flood Brothers. Service takes place on Fridays, cans must be at CURBSIDE by 6:00 am.
- Vehicle stickers are not required in the village.