The Citizens Police Academy is a community policing/information program designed to meet the interests of citizens in the community. The academy curriculum covers a wide variety of subjects, including crime prevention, safety and other informative topics. The Citizens Police Academy is intended to give the attendee an overview of how police departments accomplish policing the community,.
LEARN MORE ABOUT
- What it takes to become a police officer
- Basic and specialty training
- Kane County Sheriffs Office Correctional Facility
- Patrol Procedures
- Rules of the Road
- Police Communications
- 911 Communications Center
- Investigating Crimes
- K-9's in Police Work
- Crime Scene Investigations and Processing
- Crimes against Persons
- Crime Prevention
- Police and Community Relations
- and much more.
To fill out an application, please click here to download and return to the Pingree Grove Police Department prior to the start of the next academy. We hope to see you there.