Applying for Garden Plot
Please contact the Garden Group Manager, Rich Eckert, if you are interested in temporarily renting a garden plot for the upcoming growing season. Rich can be reached by calling (773) 612-6710 or by Email.
- View the Community Garden plot map to select a plot(s)
- Contact the Garden Group Manager, Rich Eckert, by email or phone (773) 612-6710, and you will be provided with a plot assignment. Plots are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Complete a Pingree Grove Community Garden Agreement
- Return the Agreement along with payment of $25/plot to the attention of the Community Garden Group, Village Municipal Center, 555 Reinking Rd., Pingree Grove, IL 60140 (M-F 8:30am-5:00pm)
Community Garden Rules
Review the garden rules to ensure eveyone has an enjoyable growing season!
- I will not use chemical fertilizers, insecticides or weed repellents.
- I will pick only my own crops unless given permission by another plot user.
- I will keep trash and litter out of the plot, as well as from adjacent pathways and fences.
- I will keep weeds at a minimum and maintain the areas immediately surrounding my plot if any.
- I will plant tall crops where they will not shade neighboring plots.
- I will not alter the garden plot size in any way.
- If I must abandon my plot for any reason, I will notify the Garden Group.
- I will only plant in the assigned garden plot unless the Garden Group collectively agrees otherwise.
- I will pay an annual fee of $25 to help cover garden expenses.
- I understand that although the Garden Group will try to accommodate gardener’s preferences, plots will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
- I understand that neither the Garden Group, nor the owners of the community garden land are responsible for my actions.