Print Page Bookmark

Building Department

The Building Department handles all building permit review, issuance of building permits, building code and property ordinance enforcement, and flood plain administration. When DR Horton/ Cambridge is building new homes, the Building Department performs fifteen (15) inspections on each house to insure the quality of the structure is consistent with Village Adopted standards.

Home Improvements and Additions
If you are considering any additions or improvements to your home, you must first check with the Village at (847) 464-5533 regarding necessary building permits. Building permits are required before most interior or exterior improvements are made. This includes roofs, fences, decks, patios, pools, and other accessory structures.

The Building Director recommends that you obtain a building permit and call J.U.L.I.E. before you purchase an above ground or in ground swimming pool. There are many variables involved in getting a pool installed and you may avoid the disappointment of a major delay. Permits are good for a full year and J.U.L.I E. locator service is free.

Cambridge Lakes and Carillon Homeowners
If you live in Cambridge Lakes or Carillon at Cambridge Lakes, in order to make home improvements or additions:

  1. You MUST obtain a letter of approval from Cambridge Lakes or Carillon Homeowners Association before applying for a permit. The application is available below.
  2. When you receive the letter from the HOA, bring it and as well as a copy of your plat of land survey to the Village Hall.  You will be required to complete a multi part building permit application
  3. The Building Director will review your plans and assign a permit number to your project.  You will then be called to pick-up and pay for your permit.

Click the link below to download a copy of the CHOA Improvement application.

CHOA Improvement Application PDF


Fence Installation

If you are considering installing a fence on your property, you must first check with the Building Department.  

Click here for general information regarding Fence Installation Rules.


Shed Regulations ** NEW IN 2015!**

If you are considering installing a shed on your property, you must first obtain approval from your Home Owner's Association before applying for a permit at Village Hall.

Click here for general information regarding Detached Accessory Structures (Sheds)


Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs

All above ground pools or hot tubs require a building permit and a meeting with the Building Inspector.

Many residents are unaware that the installation of a hot tub or any pool over 8' around purchased from a big box retailer will require a building permit. Permits ensure that safety and location requirements are met.   

Click here for general information about pools and hot tubs


Call J.U.L.I.E. Before You Dig

Homeowners are required to call JULIE prior to any excavation.  For additional information you can call 1-800-892-0123 or visit

Click here for a copy of the J.U.L.I.E. Dig Form.

14N042 Reinking Road, Pingree Grove, IL 60140 | Tel: (847) 464-5533 Fax: (847) 464-4036 | | Village Hall is open Monday-Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM; CLOSED 12pm - 1pm
©2015 Village of Pingree Grove | Site design and development by and content by IMPACT Marketing and Public Relations | Site Map |Contact Us |