Print Page Bookmark


Frequently Asked Questions

Questions And Answers

I just moved in. How do I set up my water billing?

Call the Village Hall on Mon - Fri. 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. and let them know you moved in: (847) 464-5533.

back to top

Where do I register to vote?

You can register to vote Monday - Friday at the Village Hall, 14N042 Reinking Road, phone (847) 464-5533 OR when you change your drivers license at Motor Vehicles.

back to top

Where do I change my drivers license information?

You can change your drivers license info at the Secretary of State Facility located at 595 S. State St., Elgin. A link to their website is located under State and County info.

back to top

What Park District should we contact for children's sports and activities?

Hampshire Township Park District has a full program for all ages. At the beginning of each season a catalog is mailed to all homes in their service area.  You can reach them at (847)683-2690 or by mail: 390 South Avenue, PO Box 953, Hampshire.

back to top

What school district serves Pingree Grove?

The Village of Pingree Grove is actually in two different school districts. Part of the historic village attends Burlington School District 301, which includes parts of Elgin and Burlington. North of the tracks and all of the Cambridge Lakes Subdivision are in Carpentersville District 300, which includes Algonquin, Carpentersville, Sleepy Hollow, East and West Dundee, Hampshire and Gilberts. Cambridge Lakes has its own Charter School which is part of District 300. 

back to top

How do I pay my parking ticket

Come visit us at the Police Station with cash or check. Village Hall can take cash, check or credit/debit cards (no visa).

Use E-Pay - proceed to home page, online payment box is second on the right side of screen 

back to top

Are vehicle stickers or emissions testing required?

Vehicle stickers are not required in Pingree Grove; however emisions testing IS required. Visit or call 800-635-2380 for more information.

back to top

Does Pingree Grove offer a senior bus for shopping or doctor visits?

At this time a senior bus service is not being offered.

back to top

Is overnight parking permitted on the streets of Pingree Grove?

There is no street parking allowed between 2:00 am and 5:00 am. Up to six times a year each homeowner may park on the street overnight after notifying the Police Department. The number is 847-464-4600 and if no one answers, the message will prompt you for necessary information.

back to top

Where can I get a library membership in Pingree Grove?

Pingree Grove is part of the Ella Johnson Memorial Library located in Hampshire.

back to top

Where do I dispose of house paint?

Latex paint should be left open to dry out then disposed of with the regular trash collection. Enamel paint can be disposed of at the monthly Kane County Recycling Event at the county building on Randall Road (formerly the Montgomery Ward Building) in Saint Charles on the second Saturday of each month.

The Village office receives a list of other recycling events as they occur so free to call the village for information: 847-464-5533.

back to top

Do I need a permit to make a brick patio in my back yard?

A permit is needed for any outside home improvements. If you are in a Homeowners Association you will also need to get their approval first.  Contact your HOA representative.

back to top

Where can I dispose my medications?

The Village now has a drop box inside the Pingree Grove Police Dept lobby.  You can access this from 6:00 am - 2:30 pm Monday through Friday.  For information about other sites, you may also go to the EPA website at:

back to top

Where is the post office for the Village, or where is the closest one to the Village?

The mail in Pingree Grove is delivered by the Hampshire Post Office located at 196 East Washington Avenue, Hampshire, IL.

The Gilberts Post Office or the Randall Road Post Office are probably located closer to Pingree Grove for general services. 

back to top

Why is my water bill so high?

The most frequent reason for an unexpected high water bill is a leak somewhere in your home. If you cannot see water leaking in a sink or the washing machine it is probably in the toilet. The easiest way to check for a leak is to take food coloring (sold in the baking aisle at the grocery store) and put it into the toilet tank. If there is a leak the water will turn the bowl whatever color you used  . A leaky toilet can use about 800 gallons of water a day. This is easy to fix with a repair kit from the hardware store, where they can walk you through the repair.

back to top

Where is the closest 4th of July fireworks display? Does Pingree Grove have any other holiday celebrations or festivals?

Pingree Grove sponsors an Independence Day Celebration each year, the weekend after July 4th. Our festivities include a parade, activities for children, craft and business booths, a car show, food vendors and a stage show. The festivities begin at 4:00 pm and conclude with Fireworks at dark. Watch our Event Calendar for more events.

back to top

Is there a law about how early the workers can start in the morning with the new construction homes? They have started as early as 6am even on weekends.

There is a Village Ordinance that allows for a 7:00 am start time(10-5-1 Hours of Construction) and a 9:00 pm end time. This ordinance does not apply to any DR Horton/Cambridge new home construction however. They have a 6:00 am until 8:00 pm schedule Monday thru Saturday, 9:00 - 5:00 Sunday

back to top

Can I setup to receive my water bill online?

At the present time we offer several alternatives for payment: check in the mail or in the drop box; check, cash or credit card (except VISA) in the office; online payment through the village website,; or direct debit from your bank account on the due date.


back to top

Do you need a permit For a Pod?

No, you don't need a permit for your Pod.  However, it must be parked in your driveway not on the street.

back to top

Can't find what you are looking for?

14N042 Reinking Road, Pingree Grove, IL 60140 | Tel: (847) 464-5533 Fax: (847) 464-4036 | | Village Hall is open Monday-Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM; CLOSED 12pm - 1pm
©2015 Village of Pingree Grove | Site design and development by and content by IMPACT Marketing and Public Relations | Site Map |Contact Us |