Block Party Rules
Block Party Rules & Regulations
The Village of Pingree Grove Block Party Rules and Regulations of Block Parties.
- Residents of the Village of Pingree Grove are encouraged to get to know their neighbors through periodic cooperative functions known as Block Parties. A Block Party allows neighbors to use their private properties and Village Streets for a festive neighborhood function.
- Closing off of streets for block parties will be permitted only on local residential streets and not on main thoroughfares.
- The Village of Pingree Grove reserves the right to deny approval to close a street for a block party if there are concerns regarding public safety and/or conflict with other community events and activities.
- You must designate one person over the age of 18 to act as a liaison with the Police Department should any problems arise due to the block party.
- The sponsor or co-sponsor is responsible. The person’s name, address, and telephone/cell phone number must be supplied to the Pingree Grove Police Department. The phone number given must be manned at all times.
- The person in charge is responsible for clean up after the block party.
- All debris must be removed at the end of the block party.
- All barricades must be picked up by the person in charge of the party. There is a $100 deposit for the barricades (4 barricades are required) which will be refunded upon return of materials in good condition.
- Barricades can be picked up the day before the party at the Village Hall (Monday through Friday) and returned the day after the party (Monday through Friday). Please call the Village Hall to schedule a pick-up/drop-off time at 847-464-5533.
- The applicant is responsible for putting barricades in place and removing them.
- Once the barricades are in place, no vehicle traffic is allowed except for emergency vehicles or residents living on the affected segment of the road.
- The applicant is responsible for the barricades should they become lost, stolen, or broken.
- No fire hydrants may be obstructed by block party activities.
- No structures, including barbecue grills, tents, picnic tables, etc. are allowed in the public right-of-way (streets, sidewalk, and parkway).
- The roadway itself must be clear for emergency vehicles.
- Block parties are subject to laws and or ordinances and must be off the street by 10 p.m.
- All music and excessive noise must be terminated by 10 p.m.
- The street must be re-opened to the public by 10 p.m.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be served to persons under the age of 21.
- No alcoholic beverages can be sold at any block party or gathering.
- Block Party Applications must be filled out and returned to the Village Hall 14 days prior to the date of the block party.
- The sponsor/co-sponsor is responsible for any costs incurred by the Village for establishing detours, assigning police officers, for traffic direction, clean or repair of public right of way used or damaged by block party gathering. The sponsor(s) shall be required to sign a statement as to such responsibility as part of the permit application.
- No block party shall be permitted to create or cause a breach of the peace.